Gain proven diversity, equity and inclusion leadership strategies to transform today's workplace.
Brown University's Certificate in Applied DEI Strategies is a six-week online program that equips you with practical tools to foster a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Led by Jarvis Sam, the former Chief Diversity Officer of Nike, this certificate focuses on the application of DEI strategies to improve employee engagement and culture, increase productivity and drive profits.
The curriculum will not only build your knowledge of DEI and its important but help you develop DEI-focused initiatives that lead to organization success.
Synchronous: Three, 90-minute live sessions | Asynchronous: 2.5 hours per week
- Week 1: Understanding diversity, equity and inclusion
- Week 2: Cultural competency and inclusive communication
- Week 3: Addressing implicit bias
- Week 4: Managing diversity and conflict
- Week 5: Promoting structural equity
- Week 6: Leading for diversity and inclusion
What You'll Learn:
- Learn how to develop effective diversity and inclusion initiatives by setting clear goals, creating an action plan and tracking measurable success
- Improve communication and collaboration across diverse teams by fostering an environment built on trust and respect
- Gain leadership skills to navigate the complexities of diversity-related challenges and effectively manage and resolve conflicts
- Identity and dismantle structural inequalities within your organization that hinder progress
- Promote a culture of continuous learning where curiosity thrives and new perspectives are embrace