Learn how to apply mindfulness to manage difficulties more skillfully and cultivate more ease, effectiveness and satisfaction in your daily life and work.
This 8-Week course — developed by the Oxford Mindfulness Centre and based on the best selling book, Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman — is an abridged adaptation of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). Designed as an introductory course, Finding Peace in a Frantic World is accessible and practical for beginners and those with busy lives and limited time.
- Format: Online (Live/Synchronous)
- Length: 8-Weeks (1-hour session per week & 10-15 minutes of home practice per day)
- Cost: $395
What You'll Learn:
- A variety of formal and informal mindfulness practices that can be easily integrated in one's personal and work life
- Understanding the physiology of stress and how to manage stressful situations more effectively
- Recognizing unhelpful patterns such as worry, self-sabotage and self-criticism that often generate more stress; and how we can relate to ourselves, others and situations with a more accepting and useful stance
- Skills to self-regulate attention and emotions in ways that allow one to pause and respond with greater clarity, skill and creativity
- How to have more engaged, mindful communication, connections and relationships
- Developing practical self-care tools to foster the capacity to thrive, perform at one's best and build resilience