Build the multidisciplinary framework and network necessary to develop, evaluate and deploy impactful digital health technologies.
Brown University’s online Digital Health Innovation Certificate convenes top faculty and practitioners from our renowned School of Public Health, School of Engineering, and the Warren Alpert School of Medicine with healthcare professionals, engineers, researchers, regulators, and entrepreneurs to improve healthcare delivery through technology. Over six-months, you'll complete four sequential courses that explore the full lifecycle of the digital health innovation process including needs assessment, user-centered design, evaluation, and innovation implementation with an emphasis on ethics, diversity, and inclusion.
- Format: Fully online. Self-paced, asynchronous learning with a weekly, one hour live meeting with faculty and peers
- Length: 6 months. Fall & spring start dates
- Curriculum: Four, 6-week courses
- Cost: $7,900*
- Analyze the current digital health landscape within the private, public and non profit sectors to identify opportunities and barriers within the space
- Apply user-centered design thinking practices to create high-quality, inclusive and user-friendly products
- Identify relevant innovation funding sources to start your business design
- Evaluate digital health products using evidence-based research for safe, effective, ethical, and equitable use
- Optimize outcomes for scalable deployment and broader adoption, including pursuit of suitable regulatory pathways in the United States
- Develop a commercialization or implementation plan that meets high clinical, technical, ethical, regulatory and inclusivity standards
Make your case for employer support and financial sponsorship. Download our sample letter to customize and present to your employer or other sponsor for funding to participate in the program: Digital Health Innovation Certificate Sponsorship Letter
Please note: You can register for the entire certificate program (4 courses) at once, or you can register before each course begins.
*The $7,900 cost reflects a bundle discount. Courses purchased individually are $2,950 each.